Switch Kit

Making the switch to Valley Communities Credit Union is easy!

  • Open a new VCCU checking account at any one of our six locations in Kronenwetter, Marshfield, Mosinee, Stevens Point, Wausau or Wisconsin Rapids.
  • Stop using your old checking account. But don’t close your old checking account until all outstanding checks have cleared the account and your direct deposit/automatic payments are transferred to your new Valley Communities Credit Union checking account.
  • Change any automatic deposits/payments. Complete the Authorization to Change Automatic Debits and Credits request form to inform your employer, company or other organizations that you have a new VCCU account. If you have any payments automatically deducted from your account (car loan, insurance premium, utility bill, credit card payment, etc.), fill out the form using your new VCCU account number. (Note: Not all established automatic payments may occur on a monthly basis. Examples: Insurance premiums, federal taxes, water bills, etc.) Complete one form for each payment. Any company you signed up for an automatic deduction through their website will need to be changed through their website by providing the new routing number and account number.

    Federal Government Employee Benefits/Social Security Direct Deposit: Complete form 1199A. A separate form must be completed for each type of payment. VCCU will verify the information and the completed form will be sent to the Government agency. www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm or call Social Security toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).

    WI Retirement System State Retirement Benefits: Complete form ET-7282 to authorize Employee Trust Funds (ETF/Wisconsin Retirement System) to directly deposit your annuity payment to your financial institution. etf.wi.gov/publications/wrs.htm or call 1-877-533-5020.

  • Close your old account(s). Once your checks have cleared and your automatic payments have been changed to your new Valley Communities Credit Union account, submit the Request to Close Account Notice to your former financial institution to close your account(s). Use the form for the VCCU branch location you would like all remaining balances to be sent to.

    Mosinee or Kronenwetter
    Stevens Point
    Wisconsin Rapids

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is a Switch Kit?

A: A Switch Kit is a free service that Valley Communities Credit Union provides to allow you to easily close an account with another financial institution and transfer the funds to a new account (this account must already be set up at Valley Communities Credit Union). You can also switch any direct deposits and automatic payments (ACH) from your old account(s) over to your new account(s). The Valley Communities Credit Union switch kit contains the necessary forms to fill out and mail to all respective parties. Make the switch today!

Q: Who can use the Switch Kit?

A: Anyone who wants to switch funds from another financial institution to Valley Communities Credit Union.

Q: Do I have to be a member to use the Switch Kit?

A: Yes. You do need to have a member account in order for us to know where to send all of your payments, debits, and funds.

Q: What information will I have to know when filling out the Switch Kit?

A: You will need to know the following:

  • Your current account number where you are transferring the funds from.
  • Your new account number where you are transferring the funds to.
  • Name, address, account number of direct deposit and automatic payment (ACH) companies that you currently are using.

Q. I can't find my account number on my check. Where is it?

A. Here is a sample of a check showing where the account number is located.

sample check

Q: Do I have to have a Direct Deposit or Automatic Payment (ACH) to fill out the Switch Kit?

A: No, you can simply close out a current account at another financial institution and move the funds to a new Valley Communities Credit Union account. The direct deposit and automatic payment (ACH) transfers are optional.

Q: What is an automatic bill payment (ACH debit)?

A: Automatic bill payment is a convenient way to pay different types of companies, such as electric, gas, telephone, loans, credit cards, insurance, etc. Usually, these automatic debits are set up with a specific company by giving them a voided check and a date to take out your payment that is due to that company. These types of transactions are sent through your account electronically on the date and for the amount that you specify.

Q: Can I switch my small business account?

A: It is very easy to switch your business account and still maintain check-writing capabilities and access to your funds. Simply stop in at any of our branch locations and open your new Small Business Checking account. Once you open the account, you can move over the excess balances from your former financial account (leaving enough to cover any outstanding checks and automatic withdrawals), make all new deposits to your new business account, and start writing checks from it. Once everything has cleared in your former financials account and you have had all direct deposits and automatic withdrawals transferred to your new account, then you can close the former account.