Pay for college the smart way with competitive interest rates and three flexible repayment options.
- Competitive Rates
- No Prepayment Penalties
- Flexible Terms
The Smart Option Student Loan® for Valley Communities Credit Union by Sallie Mae®
- For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions
- Ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans
- Multiple in-school repayment options, plus a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates, providing even more flexibility
- No origination fee and no prepayment penalty
- Benefits and an interest rate reduction available
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify
- 100% US-based Student Loan Specialists
With the recently enacted Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 (H.R. 4872), the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program has been eliminated.
Private lenders, like Valley Communities Credit Union will no longer have a role in originating or funding federal Stafford, PLUS, or Consolidation loans.
Beginning July 1, 2010 all new federal student loans will be issued via the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program. Please contact your school's financial aid office for more information.
For questions or service relating to an existing Federal Family Educational Loan secured through Valley Communities Credit Union, please contact our servicer, Great Lakes, at 1-800-236-4300 or online.
Stafford and PLUS Loans
Visit the Department of Education website for information about Federal Direct Stafford and PLUS loans. It is suggested that you stay in close contact with your school’s Financial Aid Office to apply and monitor application status.
You may have the opportunity to consolidate your existing loans through the Federal Direct Loan Consolidation Program. To view consolidation loan detail, visit the Department of Education Consolidation Loan website.
VCCU Scholarship Opportunities
Although our credit union will no longer be funding federal student loans, we would like to continue assisting you in whatever way we can. We invite college students of all ages to apply for one of Valley Communities Credit Union's scholarships!